If there’s a place for embracing ancient techniques and combining them with modern knowledge in skincare - it’s here. The Rising Sun Gua Sha is the ultimate combo of old and new - but the long and short of what it means for you? Better skin.
What does the Rising Sun Gua Sha offer my skin?
- Better serum penetration - why spend all your hard-earned dollars on lotions and potions if they just sit on the surface of the skin?
- Facial massage - because you’ve had a long, hard week and gosh-darn it - you’re worth it!
- Reduce puffiness - swipe this across areas of concern to stimulate lymphatic drainage for a calmer, less puffy complexion.
- A brighter, more awake complexion - get that blood flowing for the ultimate in perky, fresh skin.
How should I use the Rising Sun Gua Sha?
A gua sha is best used on skin that’s just had a facial oil or serum on it - the idea isn’t to drag the skin, but to allow it to glide effortlessly over your complexion. Using light pressure, slide the Gua Sha across your face and neck using the below techniques - between 3 to 5 minutes works best.
- Jawline: gently sweep from the chin along the jawline in an upward motion towards the ears.
- Neck: gently press at the base of the neck above collar bone and move Gua Sha in an upwards motion towards the jaw.
- Cheeks: gently press from the centre of the face and work outwards towards the ears (be careful and extremely gentle near the eye area).
- Brows: gently sweep across the brow line starting from the centre and working outwards.
- Forehead: gently sweep in an upward motion towards hairline.